What we do
KCOM is a leading provider of Telecommunications and Cloud Consulting services, offering world class hosted solutions from the likes of Amazon and Microsoft.
In 2005 KCOM was one of the UK's premier Telecommunications providers and Smart421 was a disruptive consultancy, evangelising the use of Cloud Computing and all things Automation… Fast forward to 2006 and KCOM saw the value that Smart421 were providing to clients and realising that Cloud was the way forward, so they decided to buy them.
10 years later and we're better than we've ever been. Becoming one of only a handful of companies in Europe to be awarded - Amazon Web Services Premier Partner status and one of the leading AWS resellers worldwide
KCOM are looking for a number of Azure Engineers to join our DevOps team in supporting a large insurance organisation's Azure environment. The Azure Engineer will be joining a team responsible for change, event, incident, release, capacity and the availability of the Azure environments and workloads.
A solid hands-on, technical background with Azure is essential.
How we do it
KCOM are advocates of collaborative working and all things automation, implementing cloud solutions for the likes of the likes of National Rail, Mercedes-Benz and 02 through great DevOps practices and principles.
Essential skills and experience:
* Provisioning and configuring Azure PaaS and IaaS services
* Configuring Azure resource types covering Compute, Networking, Storage, Web, Identity Management (Azure AD) and Security
* Experience with ARM templates and PowerShell to provision and manage Azure environments
* Experience monitoring Azure environments using native Azure or third party monitoring tooling
* Good general technical infrastructure skills (networks, firewalls, AD etc.)
* Understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Agile and other DevOps related methodologies
* Source control management
Desirable technical skills:
* Visual Studio Team Services
* Operations Management Suite
* Desired State Configuration (using tools such as PowerShell DSC, Chef or Puppet)
* Understanding of ITIL
* Support and configuration of SQL Server and SSIS
* Experience working in production environments
* Patching and tuning of VMs
Why you'll be successful
We understand that most contractors are expected to hit the ground running and are faced with the added hurdle of deadlines to jump over. Our contractors work directly with the end client to refine requirements, creating successful outcomes. We will play to your strengths and integrate you as a key team member giving you ownership and recognition for the work that you do.
With numerous opportunities to engineer great cloud solutions in the pipeline, we hope to retain your talent and offer you regular contract extensions and a fast track pass for exciting new contract opportunities in the Cloud space.
To make your experience with us as painless as possible we have:
* Weekly or monthly pay dates
* A dedicated On-Boarding and Extension teams
* Access to a web based timesheet portal allowing you to submit your weekly timesheets wherever you are.
To apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Disability Network requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org