There is a range of equipment available to help with day-to-day activities, helping you to live as independently as possible. These range from large items such as bed hoists, small gadgets to help you around the home and IT equipment to help with computer work. There is also equipment that can help if you have sight and/or hearing problems.

Help from Social Services

Social Services Occupational Therapists can assess what would help you, and can loan you equipment and arrange for minor alterations to be made to your home. For example, fitting grab rails. Social Services will also be able to put you in contact with specialist advisers for problems with sight or hearing. Both Occupational Therapists and specialist advisers can carry out an assessment of what you can and can't do and can give you advice, information and practical suggestions for equipment that would be useful or for alternative ways of doing things.

  Top of Page >     Print This >